- This is a long-standing photographer forum with a great nature board. This forum is popular among professional or serious hobbyist photographers, and offers a wealth of information.
- Mushroom observer is a popular mushroom ID forum. Many leading researchers use this forum and the photos users share, and can be a fun entrance to niche academia.
- Mushroom Expert is a digital key (a “mushroom key” is how most people identify mushrooms) developed by an english teacher and author Michael Kuo.
- This free E-book is great! It is massive, and details every possible aspect of bird photography with the best possible practices.
- eBird is an enormous, easy to use (and add to) citizen science database on birds!